Wednesday, May 21, 2008

St George Trip

We have had a really busy week - hence the lack of posts for a few days. Austin went to Miton for a week to help his dad work, so to keep us busy, the kids & I went to St George with Mom & Granny Morton for five days to visit my sister Jen & her cute family. We had a great trip down - great company & the kids were so good.
It was nice to be in the warm desert again! The only bad thing about the whole trip was that I woke up sick with a bad infection on the first morning! I was SO mad! High fever in the heat of St George is not fun. Thankfully we were able to get some antibiotics & though I spent two days in bed, I had a great time visiting with Granny. Ethan was so lucky, he got to have a sleepover at Auntie Jen's house. Ethan has discovered the joy of cousins - He & Eli played for hours finding snails, lizard hunting & playing in the red sand.
On Saturday, we all went for a hike in Snow Canyon - my favorite place, to the white sand dunes. It was a long walk for little legs, but Ethan, Eli, Cassidy, Jonah & Seth all did great! Aubrey sat in the sling & was such a trooper! Thanks for the hat Jen! Later that afternoon, Mom, Jen & the little kids & I went to Enterprise to a circa 1900's Mercantile store that is going out of business. The 2 E's (Ethan & Eli) decided to spend their dollar on bubbles (I don't think Grammie has ever gotten such value out of one dollar!) Ethan played for hours making "rainbows." Jen & I spent a while picking out fabric (boring moms), but we are so excited to see what each other makes... I found some really cute ladybug fabric that is going to be a quilt.
We had a long drive home on Sunday... it was a 10 hour day in the car. We left St Geo at noon - stopping lots for Aubrey to eat & made it to Provo to meet Austin at 5pm. We started up Provo Canyon & were stopped by a really bad accident that killed two kids & closed the whole canyon. We went to a fun park so the kids could stretch, had dinner & got home at 10pm! Long, long, long day!

No comments: