Sunday, September 21, 2008

Berry Days



We have been busy these last few weeks, with food storage on our minds & berry season at hand (literally) - we have been berry picking! Raspberries & my new favorite - Blackberries! My great friend Rebecca found a nice farm in Payson where we can pick our own. Austin is our master berry picker - the fastest I have ever seen! He is also the designated jam-maker & our freezer is beginning to overflow. Ethan is the best picking buddy we have - granted, he eats 90% of what he picks, but has a great time anyway. His favorite part is jumping out of the bushes, scaring the "monsters" away from the berries he is about to eat. Aubrey is there to help too, hanging out in my sling, doing berry "quality control" every few minutes. She likes raspberries the best. The best part of berry season is the waffles - which makes me happy, & Aubrey has discovered whipped cream! We are excited for apple season next!
We are excited to see the change of seasons here. Our valley, as well as Provo canyon is already beginning to turn brilliant
colors - Becca's eye candy before the gray season. We are enjoying each warm day we have left - & spending as many that we can in the berry fields & together.

1 comment:

Cheney Ohana said...

Just BEAUTIFUL! Becca...there you go making me "J" again ;) I've never been berry picking! Sounds like so much fun! Hey, I bought most of the stuff for the diapers, but can't find the Alova Suede. Maybe I can send you money for that? Take care and love your new blog layout!