Saturday, August 30, 2008

Farewell Summer!

As I write this, I am sad to say that I am looking at my farewell marker to summer - sunflowers... I am glad that we get one last colorful hurrah to summer before the cold, grey winter sets in. In short, I am not ready for summer to end. We went to Swiss Days yesterday (another farewell marker to Summer) & had a great time looking at the crafts. We go each year hoping to see our pottery friend Terry - who always has great pots, but no luck again this year. Ethan was happy to get a rubber band gun, which he hasn't let go of, except to sleep. We are still amazed at the kinds of stuff people walk out of Swiss days carrying. I swear next year we are going to go in the woods, get some branches & make brooms out of them & make a killing - they apparently were the hit thing again this year. We are seriously thinking about selling my play food next year. We'll see. So I guess its time for me to embrace the all-too-soon seasonal change & enjoy the autumn leaves, the Fall harvest, fishing at Strawberry Reservoir, shooshing feet through fallen leaves, picking pumpkins & my change of wardrobe.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Tell me about it...we are in school again! Aaahhh! 3 1/2 more months is all...me and Austin CAN survive!