Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

We had a great week! Ethan got to go up to 6 Lakes with Grandma Dona & Grandpa Charlie for the Haacke family reunion for 4 days & had a blast! He loved playing on the dock with his water squirt, catching crawdads fishing & kayaking. Did I mention that he liked the dock & his water squirt? Grandma said he didn't want to leave! I wouldn't either, its so fun up there. I wish we had photos of him. Oh well... Austin, Aubrey & I spent time at home (lonely) in our too-quiet house working, playing Wii Fit, sewing diapers & digging in the garden. We were happy to have Ethan home again - it's too boring without him.

We went to Grammi's for Father's Day dinner - dutch oven is the best! Mom, you can be my dutch oven chef anytime! The pineapple chicken wings were the BEST! But the D.O. Apple cake was pretty amazing too. It was nice to see our family, play in the sandbox with Ethan & watch Daddy & Aubrey have a well-deserved nap... Aubrey says: "Daddy is the best pillow!" I agree. Dad's are just the greatest!

1 comment:

Jim said...

I dunno about Austin, but this dad has a great pillow around the mid-section.